Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

relative is relative.

Francis Chan says this:
"If I tell my daughter to go clean her room, I expect her to go do that. If she comes back and says "Hey dad, you told me to clean my room." - if she goes and gets her friends together and they talk about all the different ways they could clean their rooms and what their rooms would look like if they did - if she came back and told me she learned how to say "clean your room" in Greek. This wouldn't fly - the only thing acceptable is if she listens and goes, immediately cleaning her room."

where did I get off hearing and studying all God has to say, and yet feel as though that is enough.
step it up Dilyn.

praying that my thoughts are filled with tangible ways to do what God as asking me to.

3 comments:

  1. I heard the same video and was challenged equally by his words. it was such a great analogy (and you know how much I love analogies :)

    Praying the same thing for you. Glad you are challenged and desiring to seek a more tangible life for God.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you reading Crazy Love or Forgotten God? We used those books in our Small Group and they were both great...by Francis Chan

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! missy i LOVE those books! i need to reread them though - there is just so much stuff in them. did you use any study guides with them?

    ReplyDelete