Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

don't wait.

...to lay your armor down.

i am normally not a very big advocate of Dashboard Confessional and all other whiny teen music. but when this song (the only one i have by then i swear!) popped up on my iTunes. listening to the words from a godly perspective hit me in a different way.

"the lights will flash and fade away, the days will pass you by."

these days with the colder weather and the inches of snowfall - it is easier to stay inside, lay in bed longer. do less. let days slip by without a second thought of what i could have been doing to make them more worthwhile.

these days - i have been trying to get back into some kind of a spiritual routine. i have been craving the desire to fall asleep excited to wake up if only for the fact that i can read more about what God has to say to me. slowly but surely my thirst for God is growing again - my prayer life has been growing deeper.

these days i am thankful for God and his forgiveness. for his desire to help even us ugly sinners. to recreate a relationship and find new ways to speak to me when i grew numb to the old ways.

these days even though my location hasn't changed. even though i am no closer to understanding what the heck i am supposed to be doing in the future. i am however growing more satisfied in my place with God. knowing that no matter how much i accomplish in the worlds eyes, my work for the Lord is where my satisfaction and livelihood lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment