Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

forgiven.

reading an article by David Platt, self-proclaimed "youngest megachurch pastor in history", the flow of points summed up to me a huge truth i must come to face:

1. Jesus focused on the few people who believed him when he said radical things.
2. We must truly believe what Jesus is preaching.
3. We are afraid of what this means for our lives.
4. We are molding Jesus - and he is beginning to look like us.
5. Am I going to obey what the Bible says?

while i know that i believe God, Jesus and the Spirit are who they say they are - i am coming to a greater realization that my faith is still in the baby stages, or better yet, it has taken a few steps back in the past few years. since college, i have had to develop my own idea of faith and decipher for myself what the Bible means through conversations with other Christians, church sermons and other web resources and bible studies (and of course reading the Bible).

yet as i set out on my own, and especially struggle with God's will for my life during this first year post-college, it has become more important now than ever for me to dive deeper into his word and open myself up to the possibilities of my life. i am trying not to expect anything, not to cage myself in with comfort and to allow myself to explore things from God's eyes and not my own.

i think #4 really hits home with me, because i realize how much i am trying to make God fit into my life. while i think that i am being open to anything, i know i am really just giving him one area to work on while i handle the rest. my prayers today and this week are for a greater obedience to the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment