Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

sweet disposition.

i would say that my greatest pet peeves are excuses. 
no buts... no if only... no i'll tries...
if you really want to do something, if you really care about someone. you will. 
and if you don't really want to, then you will find an excuse.
no, you won't always be successful, but i think we can all recognize the different between genuine attempts and genuine whiners.

and yet i find myself to be one of the worst offenders.
isn't it ironic that we would be most bothered by the things that are most true of ourselves?
good one God.

the more i try, the less ground i gain and the more i begin to see those things that limit, that tangle and ensnare what i thought to be sure footing. the harder i work and look. the longer to do lists i make (and the more i check off) the longer it grows. the shorter my fuse...the easier it is to sit in bed, to wallow in pity. and to cultivate a doubting heart. and so the cycle begins again.

and you know what i've learned? there will never be an end to that cycle in this life.
everyday is hard. everyday we will feel as though we are back to square one. no matter how far we get, we are humbled by the triviality and the frailty of it all. and so there is no point to make excuses. because win or lose we are no better off.

man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. the Lord judges the heart. it is by grace i have been set free. and he promises to carry on to completion the good work he started in me when he saved me from myself, called me home and told me he would never leave or forsake me.

no excuses, play like a champion. for the war is already won.

No comments:

Post a Comment