Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

hard to love.



it has happened. i have finally really liked a country song. i think the world might be ending.



i recently read this super good article that a friend posted online and had to share:

i am praying for a truly repentant heart this week.
to truly believe that the Lord has an incredible plan for me.
he wants the absolute best. i want to hold myself to the absolute best standards.
if i am to be loved by a man here on earth, he will never be God. i will pray that he loves the Lord much more than he loves me. i will pray that i am ready to be okay with that - that my girly, selfish heart doesn't get in the way. that my confident hope is in the Lord and his steadfast and unconditional love. preparing is the hardest part.

this day i am choosing to lay down my sins before a great God and remember that i am not enough, i will never do enough, i will never evade my sinful nature. i do not need to come before Him with a list of excuses or explanations. only to humbly accept that i am forgiven. 
to go and sin no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment