Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

after all...we're only human.

i forget really easily these days how human we all are.
it doesn't matter what position a person has. how old they are. what life experience they have or have no have...we are all human and at the end of the day, we are no better for what we have done if God is not a part of it.

i expect much of everyone else and ask nothing of myself.
i am lazy.
i have always been a little lazy, but that has magnified a tremendous amount since coming to college and getting away from the watchful eyes of my parents. not like i do anything bad. but my time is wasted and i make decisions that my parents would have guided me away from had i still been living at home...just doing too much, staying out late, blah blah blah.

i just find myself trying to talk away all my problems but the more i talk about them, the bigger of a deal they seem to become. instead of turning to God and talking to him about it...i talk to another human. there is my problem.

it is good to seek council...i am not at all opposed to that. that's biblical. but i don't need an ABUNDANCE of counselors and i have to remind myself that we all make mistakes. none of us know all the answers. and at the end of the day...i have God and that makes all the difference.

1 comment: