Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

hope rising.

i have been thinking a lot lately about how to better allow God to permeate my life with his joy.

here are some things that make me feel most joyful:
-music
-basketball
-cherry pie
-eating dinner at home with my family
-riding shotgun to my dad
-family reunions
-being anywhere in the vicinity of Sleeping Bear Dunes
-getting soup at Panera with my boyfriend
-playing with little kids
-talking to my siblings
-going out to lunch with my mom
-talking to friends about all the things we are hopeful for
-Riverview Community Church
-singing worship songs
-long car rides alone when i can sing out loud
-indian summers
-full moons
-waking up on the first day of summer vacation
-eating fresh watermelon
-baking something and having everyone love it!
-taking pictures
-unexpected conversations with friends
-parties when lots of friends are together
-march madness: especially when i do good on my bracket
-being with a person who is really excited about something
-getting back a good test grade
-road trips to visit people
-concerts when i know all the songs



though the paths we are on may be full of bumps, turns and backtracking. i want to be someone who can say at the end of everyday- "God is so good."
in everything i do and in everyone i am around i want to allow the light of the Spirit that God has placed inside of me to more fully shine. there is a balance between what i am capable of and what i just cannot do. the difference is prayer. is scripture. is Jesus Christ.

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."
Acts 2:28

1 comment:

  1. so great dil :) God is everywhere in everything we do. we shall help each other see this!

    ReplyDelete