Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

could you fill this hole? cuz i can't do it alone.



just some fun pictures from making "gingerbread" houses at michelle's a few weeks ago!


other than that...life.
i've been going home a lot more frequently lately to hang out with my parents and get their insight on my life and fill them in on my thoughts of the week. there are big decisions looming ahead and it is good to be on the same page as them and feel like we are caught up on what the other is thinking so there aren't any surprises!

the latest is...who knows?! so far i have been accepted to one school which is great - except it is much further away than i had planned. at first i have always thought, well you know, i have to do what i have to do to get to where i want! but there are many things right and wrong about that statement. so instead i have been more concentrated on each day praying "okay God, what do you want me to realize about my future today?" - more often than not it feels like there is no answer, but really i am just out of practice with hearing God's still small voice...

and that's just it. the biggest lesson i have yet learned in my life i am so quickly forgetting when i need it most! the lesson that God is always here, that he is always telling us his will. God's will is not a big mystery! he desires to reveal it to us! he wants us to know the plans he has for our prosperity! he isn't some tricky man holding things under our noses and playing games on us to figure it out. and so the question is - why can't i hear him? what in my life is causing me to be distracted from that voice? how can i clear my chaos to know the will of the one who has the best plan in place for me?

it's a tough reality feeling as though you are back to square one on a lesson you thought you already learned. but such is life! at least i am remembering it and not still lost and confused with no sense of direction right? haha...who knows...

but i do know, that as long as i have reset my course in God's direction and not just my best guess as to the direction he wants me to walk in - then i am at least going to stumble upon it eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment