Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

it's my party.

i have been on this earth for 22 years now. to some that is a lot, to more it is nothing.

what will be this year? what can i expect from the deuces? will i make it to my golden birthday next year?? so many questions.

my birthday is always a weird time. i think i like the few weeks before my birthday more than my birthday itself and especially more than the day after my birthday. i always feel awkward when celebration calls for a whole day where i am the center of attention. i mean when i was a kid i loved it! but now it begins to feel like a day when people are obligated to make time for me. when those who haven't really been interested in my life before come out of the woodwork to pay their dues to me. or maybe that is just my selfish interpretation of it. maybe i just need to get over myself and be more grateful for a day to celebrate.

i am getting better. the last few years have been rough. this year i have been prayerfully anticipating this day and hoping God can just allow me to accept well-wishes without thinking beyond what it is. and above anything else- just realizing that God is celebrating his decision to make me perfectly Dilyn. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment