Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

thicker than water.

contain in me your promises.
use me as your vessel for hopes and dreams. 
toss me to sea, lose me in the waves,
if only i may be found on a foreign shore. 
seeming to be thrown by chance,
but you and i, we know the sureness of your ways.
the direction of your power is true,
there is no undiscovered shore,
no unknown land.

only this one life, 
set before me,
known to only you.
orchestrated by grace and 
made full by mercy.

truly, truly i say to you.
where i land, you will be.
where i am tossed you will be.
you are the one who moves me and
the one who is there waiting when i land.

my soul feels safest in the darkest of storms.
there is where i am left,
with only one hand to cling to.
a hand not seen, a voice not heard.
but a presence felt.
a promise whispered.
contained in me. 
your vessel.

send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment