Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

it seems to me that maybe, pretty much always means...

realizing the humanness of humans is hard.
to be reminded that we are all flawed. we all suck.
we have the capacity to hurt each other or to love each other.
we have the capacity to speak truth or to lie.
we all have selfish tendencies that can sneak in and dominate.
the list goes on and on.

but the beauty of the image of God that is in each of us, redeems.

it is so confusing to be frustrated with someone, but to care so deeply for their soul.
to believe in the good of someone, even when you only feel pain.
to trust that the Lord is in control, far beyond anything you could ever say or do.

i think we can easily begin to assume things of each other.
to leave far too much unsaid and unspoken. 
maybe even giving up on showing grace.
but who are we to assume? to give up?

i always want to take over, to fix everything myself. to figure things out. but i am learning that God has always had things under control. that by letting go of my fears (especially my fear of failure) is the only way i can hold more tightly to his grace. 

how unbelievable that the Lord chooses me everyday.
that no matter what mistakes i make or how ugly i act.
he forgives me. he loves me. he draws me near. 
yes, he teaches me and he rebukes me.
but he never, ever considers letting me go.
what incredible grace to be able to rest in. 

"O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption." (psalm 130:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment