Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

love love love.

i was made for the water.
i was meant to live near a beach, to be within reach of a shoreline and a horizon.
to the sea - jack johnson had it right.

to stand before an expanse. to see that the Lord made it and it is good.
to be reminded that i am a part of something bigger.
that my problems aren't too great for such a great God to handle.

from the safety of my car - the waves were awesome today!
i am so blessed to live closer to Lake Michigan for the last year.
bad days, beautiful days, big wave days - i can jump in my car and drive to the water.
a surfer today said they were the best waves of the year so far!
some days, it will just look like a lake. some days, like tonight - it is incredible.
i stepped out of my car and made my way to the water and between the wind and the waves, it was all you could hear. the water was already cooling off. the park was already putting up the fences to prevent drifting sands over the winter.

beautiful sunset! this is good for my soul.
views like these are just too good.
how can you look at the sun setting and not see the hand of the Lord.
how can i sit before the lake and not be reminded that i am held in the palm of the Lord.

i have been praying through this anger.
i am reminded that i have so so so much to be thankful for.
i can sit before the Lake and smile, because i am so lucky.
i am chosen, i am His.

A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.

1 comment: