Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

break the same.


i am SO excited to see Mutemath in march. for realz. i can't love them enough.


but. this is not another music post. crazy i know.
this post is about a word that i have been praying for a lot lately.
peace.

i have posted in the past about anger and frustration a lot. a lack of peace, usually promotes a search for it. it seems that it is not until we are disrupted, that we realize we want it.

recently re-reading the Gospel of Luke i was quickly convicted of the way i choose to respond and the peace that is directly proportional to that response.
in the opening chapter of the book, we meet two characters in similar situations: Zechariah and Mary. when told the unbelievable news that they would have a child (ok, obviously not Zechariah, his wife had the baby), responded in two very different ways...

Zechariah: "How shall I know this? For I am..."
Mary: "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word."

the peace is this:
God knows already. he has a plan. bigger than my puny life. but by his incredible grace, i get to be a part of that plan. God allows me the opportunity to be in on the plan through the Spirit.
plans will be plans, but if i choose to listen and respond well, i can find peace in my everyday.

God knows.
God does.
God loves, so
God tells.

will my response bring peace?



No comments:

Post a Comment