even though it is still below freezing, just being able to say that here in the mitten allows me to breath a sigh of relief. the end is coming. it only goes up (or super bipolar) from here.
last year, on St. Patrick's day it was 80!! caaa-razy. we were all out walking around downtown and people were sun burnt at the end of the day. it was amazing! i can only hope we are so lucky again.
this month i am looking forward to:
1. seeing MUTEMATH live tonight!! finallyyyyy.
2. daylight savings - even though we lose an hour, we get more sun!
3. st. patricks day. being irish, i just love this holiday and celebrate it in honor of my grandma duffey who always wanted us to celebrate our heritage! over the last few years i have collected green sunglasses, a "kiss me i'm irish" button and a funny shirt. maybe green skinnies this year??
4. march madness. i am personally praying for a big ten final four - i LOVE watching these incredible games all month!! everyone throws their hearts on the court and every game shows surprise players and big wins!
5. leaving for Florida. my grandparents are snowbirds and live in FL in the winters, so we always go down and hang out with them! poolside laying for a whole week and a little bit of Disney? yes please. we leave on March 28th!
february wasn't horrible though - just those dang winter blues!
i went to my first Red Wings game at the Joe!
went to the Michigan v. Michigan State game where we KILLED u of m (awesome).
saw the grand rapids Griffins play hockey.
walked on the frozen waves of lake michigan in holland - so cool!
and was honored to baptize one of my very best friends at church!
praise the Lord for memories and opportunities.