Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

child of weakness.

yesterday at church the opening lines to "Jesus Paid It All" during worship jumped out at my like they never had before.

"I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in me thine all in all"

speaking directly to my heart i heard the Lord reminding me {gently} that i am a child of weakness. look to me. with tears welling in my eyes, i knew for sure that God was there. with his arms wrapped around my shoulder.



i have been excusing my lack of forward motion lately without just cause. i have been expecting a turning point to come due to an influx of money, a great job or getting engaged. Jesus is standing beside me pulling me in and trying to take a step forward with me, but i have been too busy digging my feet into the ground to allow him to move me into greater things. and i am beginning to realize that it isn't going to be a moment in time that changes it all, but rather a shift of thinking.

i am beginning to ask myself, why not me? why can't i do that?
the Lord commands each and EVERY ONE of us, to:

"
Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you."
(Jeremiah 7:23)


"The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith." (1 Timothy 1:5)

"Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." (Habakkuk 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment